If you’re hoping to buy the $499 RTX 3070, you’ll be able to do that starting right now. And instead of Nvidia directly selling its Founders Edition (FE) GPU through its online store, it has ceded its stock to Best Buy and Micro Center. If your hunt for the GPU isn’t limited to the FE version, several third-party graphics cards made by OEMs like Gigabyte and PNY are also officially on sale from a few other retailers like Amazon, Newegg, and B&H Photo, in addition to Best Buy and Micro Center. And based on past launches, these will probably sell out very quickly.
Compared to the 4K-capable RTX 3080 and 3090, this card is an especially good choice if you have a 1440p gaming monitor or see yourself getting one soon. My colleague Tom Warren posted a review of the 3070, and it put up favorable frame rates on popular games like Control, Call of Duty: Warzone, and more — even with ray-tracing features activated. In most cases, the $499 card provided faster performance than the RTX 2080 that debuted for $699 a few years ago.
- Best Buy has begun selling the RTX 3070 Founders Edition graphics card and other models online only (though you may be able to have it shipped to your local store). Here’s where you can find all of the models that will be available.
- Micro Center now offers the RTX 3070 GPU in store only, but you can place your order for pickup at your local store (if you have one nearby).
- You should definitely keep this Amazon page open, which will showcase all of the RTX 3070 options from OEMs. It currently just lists a few from PNY, but it will hopefully grow with other GPUs added soon.
- B&H Photo will likely have several RTX 3070 options to choose from. It currently lists two Gigabyte models that are available.
- Newegg hasn’t hinted which RTX 3070 models it will stock, but you’ll can find them all here.
- In the UK, the RTX 3070 FE GPU will be available on www.nvidia.co.uk. Nvidia also shared that the graphics card will be stocked at Amazon, Aria, AWD, Box.co.uk, CCL, Chillblast, CyberPower, Ebuyer, Falcon, Fierce PC, Mesh, Novatech, OcUK, PC Specialist, PC World, Scan, Utopia Computers and UK Gaming.
We’ll update this post if more major retailers join in selling the RTX 3070.
Speaking of fast performance, AMD just introduced its anticipated GPUs built on RDNA 2 architecture, and the company has three new GPUs aimed to take on the RTX 30-series cards. The $579 Radeon RX 6800 seems great for 1440p gaming, like the RTX 3070, and the $649 RX 6800 XT could be a good alternative if you wanted the RTX 3080. Both will go on sale on November 18th, whereas the $999 RX 6900 XT poised to take on the RTX 3090 will arrive on December 8th. We’ve got more details right here.
Update 9:00AM ET, October 29th: We’ve updated this post to reflect that the RTX 3070 is now available. Good luck with getting one. We’ll be updating this post as retailers sell out, or add stock.