As Salman Khan turns 57, we delve into the life of the Bollywood icon to uncover some lesser-known facets that make him more than just a superstar. Known as Bhaijaan of Bollywood and the reigning ruler of the box office, Salman Khan’s journey in the film industry has been nothing short of legendary.
While the world knows him for his magnetic screen presence, his contributions go far beyond acting. Here are some intriguing facts that will leave you marveling at the man with a golden heart:
The Writer’s Aspiration
- Salman Khan once aspired to be a writer.
A Supporting Start
- Salman’s acting debut wasn’t with “Maine Pyar Kiya” but in a supporting role in “Biwi Ho To Aisi” (1988).
Love for Soaps
- Salman’s home is stocked with soap collections.
- Salman has written films like ‘Veer’ and ‘Chandramukhi.’
- Salman was a competitive swimmer during his school days.
Battling Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Salman Khan battles Trigeminal Neuralgia, also known as the “Suicide disease.”
A Taste for Chinese
- Salman’s favorite Chinese spot in Mumbai is Chine Garden.
Baazigar’s First Choice
- Salman Khan was the first choice for the role eventually played by Shah Rukh Khan in ‘Baazigar.’
- During ‘Saajan’ (1991), Salman, a lean guy, consumed up to 35 rotis in a day.
The Artistic Side
- Salman Khan is a brilliant painter; his art adorns Aamir Khan’s house.
- Salman Khan is set to make his Hollywood debut in an action-thriller directed by David Leitch, releasing in 2024.
- Salman owns a restaurant in Greater Kailash, specializing in biryani, and has a stake in Toyota.
Acting School in New York
- Salman studied acting in New York and pursued a Bachelor of Fine Arts.
A Cameo in ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’
- Salman made a cameo as a musician in ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho.’
Passing on ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’
- Salman Khan declined an important role in the 2019 film ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.’
- Salman not only sings but can play the guitar, as seen in the unplugged version of ‘Selfish’ from ‘Race 3.’
The April Fool’s Twist
- It’s revealed that the previous slide was an April Fool’s joke.
The Gifted Painter
- A glimpse of Salman’s artistic prowess with paintbrush, colors, and canvas.
Salman Khan, the multifaceted superstar, continues to win hearts with his talents, philanthropy, and charismatic persona. These lesser-known facts offer a glimpse into the extraordinary life of a man who transcends the silver screen.